The City of Elgin, in collaboration with area community and business leaders, will hold its inaugural International Festival on Saturday, Sept. 1, at Festival Park in Elgin.
Elgin’s International Festival, or iFest for short, will bring together dozens of the world’s cultures, reflecting the diversity of cultures in Elgin. Elgin’s iFest will feature music and entertainment, ethnic cuisine, children’s activities, a "world market," as well as ethnic arts and crafts.
The Elgin International Festival has opportunities for volunteers leading up to and on the day of the Festival. Anyone 12 years old and up who is interested in volunteering is welcome!
Volunteer needs include:
● Poster/flier distribution throughout the community
● Social media ambassadors to get the word out
● Greeters to pass out program books to attendees
● Kidz Zone group games leaders
● Kidz Zone craft leaders
● Beer wagon servers (must be 21 years or older to serve)
● "Runners" for booth vendors
● Greeters and information booth attendants
● Setup and takedown
There will be 3-hour volunteer shifts on Festival day from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
All volunteers will receive a free volunteer T-shirt and snacks.