BocaJump Staff | July 24, 2012
The Downtown Neighborhood Association invites you to get your crawl on from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, Aug. 18, at the association’s annual Downtown Elgin Pub Crawl.
This year’s Pub Crawl features eight participating downtown Elgin bars, including:
- The AfterSet, 158 Symphony Way
- Douglas Street Sports Pub, 231 Douglas Ave.
- Elgin Public House, 219 E. Chicago St.
- Gasthaus, 15 N. Grove Ave.
- Martini Room, 161 E. Chicago St.
- Prairie Rock Grill, 127 S. Grove Ave.
- Prime BurgerHouse, 250 S. Grove Ave. inside Grand Victoria Casino
- Villa Verone, 13 Douglas Ave.
Crawlers are welcome to start at any one of the eight participating locations. Those who successfully obtain passport punches at six of the eight venues are eligible to win a $500 cash prize. Winner will be announced on Wednesday, Aug. 22.
Pub Crawl Passports will be available for $10 on the night of the event. Crawlers can also purchase passports online in advance for only $7 beginning Friday, July 27, at the DNA’s website, www.DowntownElgin.com.
Volunteers will also be selling 50/50 DNA Gala raffle tickets at each venue. The 50/50 raffle drawing will be held at the DNA Awards Gala at the Grand Victoria Casino’s Fox River Room on Thursday, Oct. 11. Winners need not be present.
Approximately 700 people participated in last year’s event and expectations are to exceed that number in 2012.